Salesforce Apex Tutorial Chapter 21: Apex Invoking
Apex invoking means executing the Apex code. Apex class execution takes place through one of the ways listed below.
- The anonymous block and triggers
- An event that fires a trigger
- An asynchronous Apex
- A scheduler or batch job that runs Apex classes at specified intervals
- Web Services class
- Email Service class in Apex
- You can expose your Apex methods via SOAP and REST Web services with Apex Web Services
- Visualforce Controllers
- Apex Email Service is used to process inbound emails
- The Ajax toolkit to invoke Web service methods implemented in Apex
Below is the example of a lightning component invoking apex class.