Salesforce Admin – Data Security | Certification Exam Multiple Choice Questions and answers
Certainly, here are 25 multiple choice questions focusing on the “Salesforce Admin – Data Security” topic. These questions cover various aspects such as object-level security, field-level security, sharing rules, and more.
- What is the primary function of a Profile in Salesforce?
a) Email Automation
b) Data Storage
c) User Permissions and Access Control
d) Reporting and Analytics
- Which feature in Salesforce is used to restrict access to certain fields?
a) Page Layouts
b) Record Types
c) Field-Level Security
d) Object Permissions
- Organization-Wide Defaults (OWD) in Salesforce are used to:
a) Customize Page Layouts
b) Set the baseline level of access for records
c) Automate business processes
d) Store custom data
- Role Hierarchies in Salesforce are primarily used for:
a) Data Validation
b) Record-Level Access Control
c) User Interface Customization
d) Reporting Structure Representation
- In Salesforce, Sharing Rules are used to:
a) Define user interface themes
b) Restrict data access
c) Extend sharing access
d) Automate record creation
- Manual Sharing in Salesforce is used when:
a) The OWD is set to Public Read/Write
b) Users need temporary access to records
c) Profiles need customization
d) Field-level security needs adjustment
- Which of the following is NOT a standard profile in Salesforce?
a) System Administrator
b) Read Only
c) Custom Data Analyst
d) Standard User
- Field Level Security in Salesforce allows administrators to:
a) Modify Object Permissions
b) Hide specific fields from certain users
c) Create new custom fields
d) Set organization-wide defaults
- Public Groups in Salesforce can be composed of:
a) Only users
b) Users, roles, and other groups
c) Profiles and Permissions Sets
d) Custom objects and fields
- Permission Sets in Salesforce are used to:
a) Replace Profiles
b) Extend the privileges of a user without changing their profile
c) Restrict data access
d) Automate user provisioning
- Which statement is true about the ‘View All’ and ‘Modify All’ permissions in Salesforce?
a) They apply only at the field level
b) They override sharing rules but not OWD
c) They provide record-level access regardless of sharing rules
d) They are only available for standard objects
- In Salesforce, a ‘Public Read Only’ OWD setting means:
a) All users can view and edit all records
b) Only administrators can view records
c) All users can view but not edit records
d) No one can access records unless explicitly granted access
- Which feature enables record access based on a user’s role in Salesforce?
a) Page Layouts
b) Role Hierarchy
c) Field-Level Security
d) Record Types
- What happens when a user is assigned multiple profiles in Salesforce?
a) Salesforce combines the settings of both profiles
b) Salesforce allows only one profile per user
c) The user can switch between profiles
d) Error occurs during assignment
- The ‘Grant Access Using Hierarchies’ option in Salesforce is used to:
a) Give higher roles access to lower role’s records
b) Share records with public groups
c) Grant access based on profile settings
d) Automatically create sharing rules
- In Salesforce, Apex Managed Sharing is used for:
a) Building custom user interfaces
b) Providing record access through Apex code
c) Data backup and recovery
d) Integrating external systems
- What is the purpose of a ‘Criteria-Based Sharing Rule’ in Salesforce?
a) To share records based on field values
b) To create new record types
c) To set up automated email alerts
d) To manage user profiles and permissions
- In Salesforce, what is the impact of setting a field to ‘Read Only’ in Field-Level Security?
a) The field is hidden from all users
b) Users can see but not edit the field
c) The field is editable by all users
d) The field is only visible in reports
- Which is NOT a type of data security in Salesforce?
a) Object-Level Security
b) Field-Level Security
c) Browser-Level Security
d) Record-Level Security
- **If a user has ‘Read’ permission on an object in their profile, they can:**
a) View and edit records of that object
b) Only view records of that object
c) Create new records of that object
d) Delete records of that object
- What is the function of ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ in Salesforce?
a) To duplicate data for backup
b) To increase data storage
c) To enhance login security
d) To synchronize data across devices
- Which feature is used to track changes to a field’s value over time in Salesforce?
a) Field History Tracking
b) Audit Trail
c) Data Export Service
d) Field-Level Security
- In Salesforce, what does a ‘Private’ OWD setting for an object indicate?
a) All users have full access to all records
b) Only the record owner and users above them in the role hierarchy have access
c) All users have read-only access
d) Data is encrypted and hidden
- When a user leaves an organization, what should be done to their Salesforce user account?
a) Delete the account
b) Deactivate the account
c) Change the profile to Read Only
d) Reset the password
- Which statement is true about the ‘Modify All Data’ permission in Salesforce?
a) It allows editing of any field on any record
b) It is restricted to data import and export
c) It only allows viewing all data
d) It is limited to modifying user accounts and profiles
These questions can help assess understanding of Salesforce data security concepts, which are crucial for effective administration and security management within the Salesforce platform.
Give your best effort when writing your answers. If you require assistance with learning Salesforce through project-based training or need the answers, please feel free to contact us.