Salesforce Admin Certification Topics
Friends, the following are the topic you have to prepare for Salesforce Admin Certification Test.
Salesforce Admin Certification Topics with percentages detailed views. The following graph image clearly illustrates on what percentages topics will occupy the space. For example Security and Access will occupy 15% and Standard and Custom Objects will occupy 18% of the entire portion. Our training will helps you to get the certification. Fill the contact form, we will contact you.
The Salesforce Certified Administrator exam measures a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to the following objectives. A candidate should have hands-on experience as a Salesforce Administrator and have demonstrated the application of each of the features/functions below.
Topic No. 1: ORGANIZATION SETUP
- Describe the components of the company profile (e.g., fiscal year, business hours, currency management, default settings, company information).
Topic No. 2: USER SETUP
- Identify the steps to set up and/or maintain a user (e.g., assign licenses, reset passwords, and resolve locked user accounts).
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common user access and visibility issues.
Topic No. 3: GLOBAL USER INTERFACE
- Distinguish between the various UI features that an administrator controls, including the implications (e.g., UI settings, search settings, list views, home page layouts).
Topic No. 4: SECURITY AND ACCESS
- Explain the various organization security options (e.g., passwords, IP restrictions, identity confirmation, network settings).
- Describe the features and capabilities of the Salesforce sharing model (e.g., record ownership, organization-wide defaults, roles and the role hierarchy, manual sharing, sharing rules and public groups).
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate security controls (e.g., organizationwide defaults, roles and the role hierarchy, manual sharing, sharing rules and public groups).
- Describe the various settings and permissions a profile controls (e.g., IP access, login hours, record types, access to tabs, permissions, object permissions, fieldlevel security).
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate use of a custom profile. Weighting 1% Weighting 15% Weighting 9% Weighting 1%
Topic No. 5: STANDARD AND CUSTOM OBJECTS
- Describe the standard object architecture and relationship model.
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize fields, page layouts, and list views for custom and standard objects.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate fields and page layouts for custom and standard objects.
- Explain how to create, delete, and customize record types for custom and standard objects.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate record types and business processes for custom and standard objects.
- Explain the implications of deleting fields.
- Describe when to use and how to create formula fields.
Topic No. 6: SALES AND MARKETING APPLICATIONS
- Given a scenario, identify the capabilities and implications of the sales process.
- Given a scenario, identify when to apply the appropriate sales productivity features (e.g., big deal alerts, update reminders, similar opportunities, competitors, team selling).
- Describe the capabilities of products and price books.
- Describe the capabilities of lead management (e.g., lead conversions, lead source, lead field mapping).
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate lead management (e.g., queues, assignment rules, web-to-lead, and auto-response).
- Describe the capabilities of campaign management (e.g., hierarchies, influences, campaign members).
Topic No. 8: SERVICE AND SUPPORT APPLICATIONS
- Describe the capabilities of case management (e.g., case processes, case settings, and case comments).
- Given a scenario, identify how to automate case management (e.g., case assignment, auto-response, escalation, web-to-case, email-to-case, case teams).
- Describe the capabilities of solution management (e.g., settings, categories, processes).
- Describe the basic capabilities of portals. Describe the capabilities of the Community application (e.g. Ideas, Answers).
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Knowledge. Weighting 18% Weighting 6% Weighting 9%
Topic No. 9: ACTIVITY MANAGEMENT
- Describe the capabilities of activity management (e.g., manage tasks, events, public calendars, multi-day events, cloud scheduler).
Topic No. 10: CHATTER
Describe the features of Chatter (e.g., feed, groups, following, security).
Topic No. 11: DATA MANAGEMENT
- Describe the considerations when importing, updating, transferring, and mass deleting data (e.g., CSV files, field matching, matching types, record IDs, external IDs, duplicate records).
- Given a scenario, identify tools and use cases for managing data (e.g., dataloader, data import wizard).
- Describe the capabilities and implications of the data validation tools.
- Describe the different ways to back up data (e.g., weekly data export service, exports, dataloader). CONTENT AND FOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Content (e.g., presentation assembly, content delivery, content packs, workspaces, tags).
- Describe how folders can be used to organize and secure communication templates, dashboards, reports, and documents.
Topic No. 12: ANALYTICS, REPORTS AND DASHBOARDS
- Describe the options available when creating or customizing a report (e.g., report type, report format, fields, summarizing data, filtering data, charting, scheduling, and conditional highlighting).
- Describe the impact of the sharing model on reports.
- Describe the options available when creating and modifying dashboards (e.g., dashboard components, data sources, chart types, scheduling, and running user).
- Describe the capabilities of custom report types. Weighting 3 3%% Weighting 1% Weighting 11% Weighting 13% Weighting 2%
Topic No. 13: WORKFLOW AUTOMATION
- Describe when workflow are evaluated.
- Describe the capabilities of workflow rules and actions.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate workflow solution.
- Describe capabilities and use cases for the approval process.
Topic No. 14: DESKTOP AND MOBILE ADMINISTRATION
- Describe the capabilities of Salesforce Mobile.
- Describe the installation and synchronization options of Salesforce for Outlook.
Topic No. 15: APPEXCHANGE
- Identify use cases for AppExchange applications