Declarative Tool for Automation (Flows) – Salesforce Admin Tutorial Chapter – 1
Process Builder is that the first effective apparatus that a Salesforce Admin has at their transfer, giving you with comparable powers, that Salesforce engineers have. In the event that you’d like to perform mass upgrades over different irrelevant records, or complex rationale into opportunity change, these are common illustrations for after you ought to utilize flow. Not at all like moderately uncomplicated ‘If/then’ rationale given to us by means of workflow rules and process builder, flows permit us to accomplish complexity levels close to custom code through a GUI
The advantage of Salesforce Flow is that they’re easy to keep up because anyone (assuming they know Flows) should be able to follow along with what you built.
There are 5 kinds of flows:
- Screen Flow – This flow is used where we want to interact with user with the assistance of a screen. These flows cannot be called automatically but will be called from button or are often added in lightning page.
- Record-triggered flow – This runs when a record is created/updated kind of like process builders/triggers/workflow rules.
- Scheduled-triggered Flow – This flow is employed once we have to perform the task every day.
- Auto launched Flow (No trigger) – These are called through Apex, Process Builder, or another Flow.
- Platform Event-triggered flow – These flows are called when a platform event is received, kind of like an Auto launched Flow.
There are 3 primary “basic blocks” of any Flows:
- Elements are the person building pieces of the flow. These perform consistent
activities like assignments, choices, or circles. There is too information
components which will inquiry the database or commit record changes.
- Connectors decide which component comes about in which. Winter ‘21 empowers
Auto-Layout, and interfaces the climate together consequently.
- Resources are the person factors of information that are to be utilized in a flow – these is strings of content, numbers, records, formulae, or collections.
Flow fits into four different categories:
- Screen – It’s basically used for capturing the knowledge from users. you’ll add simple fields to your screens, like input fields and radio buttons similarly as out-of-the-box Lightning components like File Upload.
- Logic – It’s the flow that you simply will design as per business needs using elements like assignments, decisions, or loops.
- Actions – You’ll see up, make, upgrade, and erase Salesforce records. You’ll too be able to create posts in chatter, send records for endorsement, and sending emails. You’ll be able to too call pinnacle on the off chance that the data preparing isn’t conceivable utilizing out of the box components.
- Integrations – You’ll connect your flow to an external database by using core actions or Apex actions. Flow Builder also incorporate a number of tie-ins to platform events. With create record element, we are able to publish platform event messages. Pause element helps to Subscribe to platform events.
When you build flow, you’ll use Flow Builder with the subsequent elements:
- Toolbox – The toolbox contains the elements and resources you’ll use to create your flow.
- Canvas – It’s the working range, where you construct a flow by including
components. Once components are included you wish to connect all of those. At that time, you’ll be able to see the visual chart, how information will flow/processed in steps.
- Button Bar – The button bar provides information about the flow, such as:
- Whether the flow is active or not.
- How way back the flow was saved.
- Whether the flow has any warnings or errors.
Refer to below image for more clarification: